As warmer weather rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Arlington? Even if your cooling unit is recently installed or was operating just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never have to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning professional can help find small troubles before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your unit can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy needs—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps find minor troubles before they lead to major, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at parts and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify problems before they become extensive problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the summer. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is prepped to provide worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your equipment is at risk for premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Full unit state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Now with Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 360-255-5857 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.