According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned about three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have pests or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to reach out to Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning in Arlington about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning. A yearly inspection of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts clear.
Additional ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and change them when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Arlington home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning at 360-255-5857 or schedule an appointment online.