When it’s frigid in Arlington you need your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps climbing. This could signal a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.