During the colder Arlington months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning right away if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning at 360-255-5857 or book an appointment with us online.