Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Arlington is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning in Arlington at 360-255-5857 today.