One of the most vital parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Arlington are always changing and the coldest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you find a professional technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most universal causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a more challenging time passing through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to shut down on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to notice the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can ward off these troubles and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect little things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this vital step, especially if there was a relevant rise in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can definitely be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of ensuring the effectiveness of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Arlington expert. If there are still difficulties after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Service Max Heating & Air Conditioning in Arlington.